Loulé Municipal Museum's mission is to research, inventory, conserve, document, interpret, enhance and promote the history of the municipality of Loulé, helping to rebuild and transmit the collective memory and identity, and promoting enjoyment, study and cultural education and the creation of new audiences.
Loulé Municipal Museum's goals are:
1. Promote systematic works in archaeology, update the municipality's archaeological map and manage a structure encompassing research, support for interventions in the municipality and the dissemination of findings;
2. Study and research the collections and sets of items that make up the museum's collection, promoting correct procedures with regard to documentation, inventory, organisation, evaluation and conservation;
3. Promote research work in the field of the municipality's intangible cultural heritage with a view to the recognition, identification and characterisation of new values in heritage;
4. Conduct a regular programme of exhibitions and other activities involving the interpretation and dissemination of the Museum's work, with the aim of encouraging specific target markets to become involved in the safeguarding of the municipality's cultural treasures, and fostering cooperation with schools and other cultural and scientific institutions;
5. Promote a dynamic of interaction between the main museum and the decentralised hubs, with a view to coordinating research work, exhibitions and educational programmes and the use of shared resources, all with the aim of fostering overall sustainability;
6. Ensure effective and efficient liaison with public policies on culture, specifically where museums are concerned.